Amazon’s most popular eReader the Paperwhite has just gotten better. The company has just announced a waterproof version. For those days at the beach, or reading while soaking in the tub, you can take this new Paperwhite there.
Releasing on November 7th, just in time for holiday shopping. While Amazon’s previous waterproof eReader was the Oasis, it’s price, $250 to $350 depending on storage, it was out of the reach for many readers.
The Paperwhite is just $129 for its 8GB model, topping out at $250 for 32GB with cellular.
So, if you love reading at the beach, by the pool, or in the hot tub, this may be the eReader you’ve been waiting for. Here are more details from Amazon:
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
- The built-in adjustable light lets you read indoors and outdoors, day and night.
- Get instant access to new releases and bestsellers, plus over a million titles at $2.99 or less.