In a new offer to readers, Amazon has launched a new program called MatchBook. This program gives their reading customers the ability the purchase the eBook editions of the print books they already purchased from Amazon.
Here is additional information from the company’s press release:
Amazon launched Kindle MatchBook, a new benefit that gives customers the option to buy–for $2.99 , $1.99 , $0.99 , or free–the Kindle edition of print books they have purchased new from Amazon . Over 70,000 books are enrolled in Kindle MatchBook, with more being added every day. Now customers can visit www.amazon.com/kindlematchbook to see all of their print books that are eligible for the Kindle MatchBook edition. Customers can also see when a book is eligible for Kindle MatchBook on the book’s detail page.
The program was announced on September 3 with over 10,000 titles. Since then, thousands of popular books like Heaven is for Real, The Things They Carried and The Way of Kings have been added from major publishers such as HarperCollins, Macmillan, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt , Amazon Publishing , Wiley, Chronicle Books, and Marvel, as well as thousands of titles from Kindle Direct Publishing authors like The Walk by Lee Goldberg and Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder .
“It’s been great to see the positive response to MatchBook from both readers and publishers,” said Russ Grandinetti , Vice President, Kindle Content. “MatchBook enrollment has grown from 10,000 to 70,000 titles in just a few weeks and we expect it will keep expanding rapidly in the months ahead.”
Kindle MatchBook features include:
- Kindle editions at a great price: Amazon customers who purchase or have purchased qualifying print books can get the Kindle edition for prices that are $2.99 , $1.99 , $0.99 , or free.
- For book purchases dating back to 1995: Print purchases all the way back to 1995–when Amazon first opened its online bookstore–will qualify once a publisher enrolls a title in Kindle MatchBook.
- Easy discovery: Readers can easily look up their entire print book order history to discover which of their past purchases are enrolled in Kindle MatchBook.
- Popular Kindle-only features: As with regular purchases, Kindle MatchBook titles have unique features such as Whispersync, Popular Highlights and X-Ray.
- Read anywhere capabilities: In addition to Amazon’s best-selling Kindle devices, customers can download a free Kindle reading app for iPhone, iPad, Android tablets and phones, PC or Mac and start building their Kindle library today.
KDP authors who have a corresponding print book on Amazon.com can enroll their titles in the program now athttp://kdp.amazon.com. Authors that would like to create a print version of their book for free can visit www.createspace.com.