From the American Library Association:::::::
A Library Card is ELEMENTAL!
Get in Your Element this September—sign up for a library card! From borrowing books, ebooks, and museum passes to getting homework help, learning new skills, or attending story time, a library card helps you do more of what you enjoy. Get a library card and dive into a new hobby. Use your library card to tinker in a maker space and spark your creativity. A library card is your most important school supply—it’s elemental, really—and everyone should have one!
Celebrate and Spread the Word
Visit your library to see what’s new and take part in the celebration. Libraries across the country are participating. Do you have friends who don’t have a library card? Invite them to sign up during September.
How Do You Library? Tell Us for the Chance to Win.
We want to know how YOU library!
Participating is easy:
- Snap a pic or shoot a video showcasing how you use your library or choose a library element that best applies to you.
- Post to Instagram, X, or on the I Love Libraries Facebook page with the hashtag #HowILibrary.
- Tag your library and your friends to help spread the word!
What’s in it for you? In addition to the gratification of supporting libraries, there’s also a chance to win great prizes.
- Grand Prize (1 winner): A Disney gift card ($150.00 USD value) and a one-year subscription to Disney+ Premium ($109.99 USD value).
- First Prize (1 winner): A VISA gift card ($150.00 USD value) and choice of one ALA Graphics poster.
- Second Prize (3 winners): Choice of one ALA Graphics poster.
So, let’s see those book stacks, creative reading spots, and all the adventures that libraries take you on! If you don’t have a photo to share, check out the Library Elements graphics at ilovelibraries.org.
Join the #HowILibrary movement, and let’s make this the best Library Card Sign-up Month ever!